|Prize Purse & Stage Prime, Course Record Awards|
The SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon offers attractive prize purse, stage prime, and course record awards distributed across three categories:*
If you are a pro triathlete or an elite amateur participating in or considering the SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon, please contact us.
- the top 4 overall individual finishers
- the fastest splits for each of the swim, bike, and run stage legs
- a new swim, bike, run, or overall course record
Only athletes holding elite cards are eligible for prize money. Amateur Elites and Professionals race from the same wave and race management reviews and validates the credentials of all entrants racing from this wave.
There is no prize purse for the SavageMan 30.0 Triathlon.
Overall Finish Prize Purse
The Overall Finish prize purse is disbursed as follows, equally for males and females:
- SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Champion = $1300
- SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Second Place = $700
- SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Third Place = $350
- SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Fourth Place = $150
Individual Stage Primes
The Individual Stage Primes are disbursed as follows, equally for males and females:
- Fastest SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Swim = $150
- Fastest SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Bike = $600
- Fastest SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Run = $250
- Hammer Nutrition Big Savage Mountain Challenge Champion = $150 Hammer Nutrition gift certificate
The Course Record incentive awards are disbursed as follows to an individual participant who completes the SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon and establishes a new bike, run, or overall record:
- New SavageMan 70.0 Overall Course Record = $1000
- New SavageMan 70.0 Swim Course Record = $200
- New SavageMan 70.0 Bike Course Record = $600
- New SavageMan 70.0 Run Course Record = $300
Existing SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Course Records:
Overall Male: 4:29:38 - Philip Graves, 2010
Overall Female: 4:56:41 - Susan Williams, 2009
Swim Male: 20:36 - John Kenny, 2011
Swim Female: 24:11 - Susan Williams, 2009
Bike Male: 2:34:16 - Philip Graves, 2010
Bike Female: 2:53:57 - Susan Williams, 2009
Run Male: 1:18:29 - Josh Beck, 2010
Run Female: 1:33:43 - Desiree Ficker, 2010
Hammer Nutrition Big Savage Mountain Challenge
Anyone hoping to be a SavageMan must conquer the climb over Big Savage Mountain.
Already, this climb over the Eastern Continental Divide is earning the reputation as the most savage climb in the sport. All athletes are timed in their 7.2 mile ascent of Big Savage Mountain and fastest male and female ascents
win a $150 gift certificate from Hammer Nutrition.
The current Big Savage Challenge records are held by Philip Graves at 30:32 and Susan Williams at 33:51.
*Terms and Conditions
The recent proliferation of new 70.3 and long course events in September, including the 70.3 World Championships, is spreading elite and professional talent thin and may impact the depth and quality of the SavageMan 70.0 elite field.
As a result, SavageMan Triathlon 70.0 has instituted a performance ceiling on the prize purse payouts.
These ceilings are very lenient and race management may waive or loosen these ceilings further if weather or course conditions create unusually slow performances.
- To receive overall prize purse money, performance must be within 10% of the existing overall course record.
- For males, 4:29:38 + 10% = 4:56:36
- For females, 4:56:41 + 10% = 5:26:21
- To receive stage prime money, performance must be within 6% of the existing stage course record.
- Swim: 20:36 + 6% = 21:50 (males); 24:11 + 6% = 25:38 (females)
- Bike: 2:34:16 + 6% = 2:41:59 (males); 2:53:57 + 6% = 3:04:23 (females)
- Run: 1:18:29 + 6% = 1:23:12 (males); 1:33:43 + 6% = 1:39:20 (females)
Fundraising proceeds from "Win-The-Fight" Events benefit the Joanna M. Nicolay Melanoma Foundation, the "voice of melanoma prevention, detection, care and cure." Melanoma is the most serious and lethal form of skin cancer accounting for 79% of all skin cancer deaths. This savage cancer is a potential threat to all outdoor sports enthusiasts.
|Don't miss out on the latest news and updates on "Win-The-Fight" Events. Like the Facebook page to stay up-to-date!|
|Please Support "Win-The-Events" Sponsors|