|Prize Purse & Stage Prime, Course Record Awards|
The SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon offers attractive prize purse, stage prime, and course record awards distributed across three categories:*
If you are a pro triathlete or an elite amateur participating in or considering the SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon, please contact us.
- the top 4 overall individual finishers
- the fastest splits for each of the swim, bike, and run stage legs as well as fastest ascents of Big Savage Mountain
- a new swim, bike, run, or overall course record
Amateurs and Professionals are equally eligible for prize money, however only athletes racing from the Elite Wave are eligible for the Overall Finish prize purse. If you are an amateur elite and desire to race out of the Elite wave, make sure to register in the Open division.
There is no prize purse for the SavageMan 30.0 Triathlon.
Overall Finish Prize Purse
The Overall Finish prize purse is disbursed as follows, equally for males and females:
- SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Champion = $800
- SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Second Place = $500
- SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Third Place = $300
- SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Fourth Place = $100
Individual Stage Primes
The Individual Stage Primes are disbursed as follows, equally for males and females:
- Fastest SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Swim = $100
- Fastest SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Bike = $500
- Fastest SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Run = $200
- Fastest Ascent of Big Savage Mountain (7.2 miles)= $200
The Course Record incentive awards are disbursed as follows to an individual participant who completes the SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon and establishes a new bike, run, or overall record:
- New SavageMan 70.0 Overall Course Record = $1000
- New SavageMan 70.0 Swim Course Record = $200
- New SavageMan 70.0 Bike Course Record = $600
- New SavageMan 70.0 Run Course Record = $300
- New Big Savage Mountain Ascent Course Record = $300
Existing SavageMan 70.0 Triathlon Course Records:
Overall Male: 4:29:38 - Philip Graves, 2010
Overall Female: 4:56:41 - Susan Williams, 2009
Swim Male: 20:36 - John Kenny, 2011
Swim Female: 24:11 - Susan Williams, 2009
Bike Male: 2:34:16 - Philip Graves, 2010
Bike Female: 2:53:57 - Susan Williams, 2009
Run Male: 1:18:29 - Josh Beck, 2010
Run Female: 1:33:43 - Desiree Ficker, 2010
Big Savage Mountain Climb Male: 30:32 - Philip Graves, 2010
Big Savage Mountain Climb Female: 33:51 - Susan Williams, 2009
*Terms and Conditions
The recent proliferation of new 70.3 and long course events in September is spreading elite and professional talent thin and may impact the depth and quality of the SavageMan 70.0 elite field.
As a result, SavageMan Triathlon 70.0 has instituted a performance ceiling on the prize purse payouts.
These ceilings are very lenient and race management may waive or loosen these ceilings further if weather or course conditions create unusually slow performances.
- To receive overall prize purse money, performance must be within 10% of the existing overall course record.
- For males, 4:29:38 + 10% = 4:56:36
- For females, 4:56:41 + 10% = 5:26:21
- To receive stage prime money, performance must be within 6% of the existing stage course record.
- Swim: 20:36 + 6% = 21:50 (males); 24:11 + 6% = 25:38 (females)
- Bike: 2:34:16 + 6% = 2:41:59 (males); 2:53:57 + 6% = 3:04:23 (females)
- Run: 1:18:29 + 6% = 1:23:12 (males); 1:33:43 + 6% = 1:39:20 (females)
|Please Support "Win-The-Events" Sponsors|